Sunday, 23 November 2008

Bad day - hoping for better

Yesterday was a bad day - Lewes won (boo! 2-0 against Grays, who also seem doomed to relegation); Eastbourne lost (also 2-0, away to Rushden & Diamonds, pretty much the expected result); I got bored and only did half my Russian lesson (will repeat it today); and it rained. And my bets all went haywire. My horse lost, my dogs gave me a small profit (only a third of what I lost on the horse), and my money on Arsenal and Burnley went with the wind. Stockport gave me a decent return, but still only got back about half my outlay on the day.

Today should (?) be better. Castle Vilage play today and a shed-load of goals are expected. Fingers crossed, they may even be top of the table come this evening!

But it is still raining, and I've run out of food. Well, frozen veg and frozen potatoes in the freezer, nothing to go with them, and I like my meat, at least three times a day, plenty of it. So, do I sit here like a twat, in front of a PC and with a rumbling stomach, or do I go and get something to eat and get wet - again, as after walking the dog I am already soggy, just starting to feel my toes again.

Getting food sounds like a good idea, then I will return and spend an hour or so whitterring on about how to get ahead in Hattrick. Or something.

No comments: